What is it about?
Since 2020, Microsoft has massively expanded compliance, information governance and records management capabilities on the M365 platform. The goal is to control and manage the data that is created and managed in the M365 platform. This includes the common Office products, but also includes Sharepoint, OneDrive, Teams, Yammer, and more.
With the introduction of the new enterprise M365 E5 licensing model, these advanced security and compliance features are included as standard. Each Microsoft enterprise customer must now decide whether upgrading to the E5 license makes sense and how the features can be used beneficially.
- The new Compliance, IG and RM functions are extensive and require expertise in IG and RM => krm has developed a workshop concept and training materials to help you understand the functions and assess potential benefits in a compact form.
- When assessing costs/benefits, M365 functions must be compared with alternatives and it must be defined whether, for example, existing document repositories on file systems or obsolete ECM/DMS applications can be replaced => krm has drawn up benchmark comparisons and contributes many years of experience in IG/RM .
- To help companies get started, we offer in-house workshops (on-site or web meeting):
- Overview of M365 Compliance and the functions in the context of Information Governance and Records Management.
- Technical requirements and framework for data management when using M365 Compliance in the enterprise.
- Assess the potential benefits/business case and limitations for your own company.
- Development of a roadmap.
The krm offers you the in-house workshop “Evaluation and Implementation Planning of Microsoft M365 Information Governance and Records Management”. The workshop will address the following topics:
- Overview of M365 Compliance and the functions in the context of information governance, records management and data protection.
- Organizational and technical requirements and framework conditions for data management when using M365 Compliance in the company.
- potential benefits and limitations for the company’s own business.
- Roadmap for detailed evaluation and implementation
The following questions will be answered in the workshop:
M365 Compliance – Costs and benefits
- What does Microsoft offer on the topic of information governance and records management?
- What are the benefits of M365 Compliance and is it worth investing in an M365 E5 license?
- Which legal frameworks (including data protection) can be supported with M365 Compliance?
M365 IG/RM in the context of the organization’s content strategy.
- How do the new functions interact with established ECM/DMS systems?
- What role do other providers play – what alternatives are there?
- Can existing file repositories or outdated DMS/archive systems be replaced with M365?
- What dependencies with the organization’s content strategy need to be considered?
- What solutions does M365 offer compared to traditional ECM systems and how practical are they?
- How do you go about implementing it?
krm supports you in the evaluation and implementation of the new Microsoft M365 information governance and records management functions.
Professional article: Microsoft M365 – what you need to know about new information governance and records management capabilities